Thanks again girls. I love you guys so much!!!
So last night I was laying in bed and all of a sudden, something told me to go look in the kitchen. I remember getting a copy of my medical records from my new OB. It was funny because when I got them, I told DH I didn't need them and threw them in a pile in the kitchen. So last night I ran into the kitchen to check my medical records and right there in front of my face were my labs. There were three words. Cystic Fibrosis and NEGATIVE. I have already been tested for it. I then looked at DH's and it said PENDING. So, I just put in a call to my RE to make sure his was negative too. But from researching, it looks like both parents have to have the gene to pass it on to a fetus. So I feel so much better knowing that the chance of baby A having CF is slim. Thank you Lord!!!
I am starting to think that maybe my little stinker swallowed some blood or something. Also, when we went into the ultrasound yesterday, the tech asked why we were there. I told her because the doctor said she wanted me to have an ultrasound every 4 weeks because it's twins. She then said that they usually do this type of ultrasound at 20 weeks. So maybe, just maybe, because I am only 17 weeks, they spotted something that wouldn't of been there if I waited until 20 weeks.
The girls were so funny. We told them the news that we are having girls and they were so excited!!! They were hugging me and it was the sweetest thing. They love to rub my belly and talk to the babies now. I can't wait until they can feel them kick. They are going to flip!
We'll see! Anyway, I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Talk to you soon!
Kami
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Oh, I'm soooo happy to read this post sweetie! I had trouble sleeping last night because I was really worried. I think it's because I know these girls could possibly be my baby's sisters and I love them so much too. :) I guess I'm obsessive, but I do love them. :) It sounds more promising, but I will definitely keep your little girl in my prayers!!
Love you!!
I'm so glad you are feeling better!
I want to say how happy I am that you are having two baby girls! I know the tests were a little concerning but as you have said - its in God's hands. Just let him take your worry away and allow you to enjoy the moment of being pregnant with two beautiful baby girls! I think that feeling you felt to go into the kitchen was God's way of telling you its going to be ok. :)
It is true, both parents have to be a carrier to pass on CF. DH was tested as part of his genetic testing and he was negative. If it would have come back positive, then I would have been tested too. So that is good news and it can eliminate one of your worries. It is so hard to tell what these things are early on and they usually resolve themselves.
I'm glad you are feeling more at peace.
I honestly feel the doctors and techs jump the gun on giving us info. Ya know? Why scare us unless they are 100% sure? What good did that do to stress you and your babies out? I think the same about all the tests... no details just give me a negative or positive. Only tell me if I need to be truly concerned about something. They don't know me... I will obsess and goggle till no end. Glad you are feeling better hun!
I am so glad that you are feeling better and were able to put your mind at ease last night! I am so excited for you...Congratulations on your 2 girls! You are going to have more bows than you know what to do with around that house before long! I love it ;)
Kami -Sister!!
I've just caught up after being away for a couple of weeks, Congratulations on the two girls! Have you pickedany names yet? Please throw them out for us all to hang on to - you know how much we enjoy this part of other people's pregnancies!
As for the tests... AAARRRGGGHH, I hate sonographers and consultants. A really good friend of mine had some abnormalities detected at her 20 wk scan and 16 wk bloods. She had to go for further testing and an Amnio pointed towards probability of Downs syndrome. She spent the rest of her pregnancy trying to come to terms with the news that her 1st child would have special needs (she had ttc for almost 12 years).
However, Hannah was born and she is absolutely perfect in every way.
I refused to have any exploratory testing other than the 12 and 20wk ultrasound. I decided that God had plan for me and what would be would be. DH and I decided that regardless we would love and nurture our children.
Please do not let the possibilities of if's cloud your pregnancy, you have fought far to hard for this honey.
Love ya!
so glad to read this! let's not get worked up until/if we need to, right?
xoxo
Glad that CF is not a possibility. I hope that it's one of those things that turns out to be nothing.
thats such great news!
I am playing catch up, so I read this post before reading the previous one. GIRLS!!!!! Congratulations! That is such exciting news! Yeayyyy =)
I will make sure to keep your precious baby girls in my prayers tonight.
If it makes you feel any better, DH and I decided to skip all of the prenatal testing (CVS/amnio, etc) because I knew I'd be keeping my baby no matter what. Well, at around 24 weeks, I was diagnosed with Polyhydramnios. I was told that having it either meant that something was wrong (like down syndrome or hydrocephalus, etc) or nothing at all. I worried myself sick until I had a second ultrasound and my blood work came back. Thankfully, nothing was wrong =) I will keep your sweet girls in my prayers tonight and hope that nothing is wrong!
Post a Comment