Samantha and Mia

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 3, 2009

13 Weeks!!! Second Trimester!!!

Week 13: Peach


Your fetus is forming teeth and vocal cords... savor this, their non-functional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with a head now only one third the size of the body. Intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy. (Much more convenient.)
*******************************************************************
Can you believe that??? I saw what size the babies were and I almost passed out! I haven't read up on anything in a week or so. I know, bad mommy!!!
I entered the second trimester yesterday and that made me feel a little better about the pregnancy. I think they say the risk of miscarriage goes down significantly. I sure hope so.
Wednesday I go in for the integrated screening. They will check for down syndrome and neural tube defects. I was contemplating on doing the test because no matter what is wrong with my babies, I will love them no matter what, but of course, I get to see them on the screen for about an hour so I want to do it. If I get good pictures, I will post them. I need to post a belly pic too!
I hope everyone is having a great day so far!
Kami

10 comments:

Stacie said...

Congratulations! I hope the 2nd trimester treats you kind. The second trimester is the fun one.This is a huge milestone.

I can't wait to see a new belly pic.

2momswithaplan said...

Woohoo for the 2nd trimester! Can't wait to see the belly pic!

Peppermint Patty said...

Yay! Two peaches! :)

April said...

it's awesome to move past that first trimester mark. :) the odds of m/c do go way down.

super excited for you and looking forward to your belly pic!

xoxo
april
strongblonde.wordpress.com

Just Believing said...

Yeah Kami for second t rimester!!! SUPER EXCITING STUFF!!!!

PunkRockChic said...

Congratulations on entering your SECOND semester! Such an exciting time. Doesn't it feel like time flies? Looking forward to hearing about your lil peaches after your appointment =)

Love the new layout btw =)

Melody said...

CONGRATS on 2nd trimester! Not too long and you will be holding those babies!

squirrelgirl said...

Moving into the 2nd tri is a BIG milestone. Congrats, mama! Another feat accomplished.

Kriss said...

I can't to read about your ultrasound appt. Also your Tenn. pictures are gorgeous! I would never know that you weren't the girls true mother because they look just like you.

twondra said...

Yay for the second trimester!!!! I'm sooooo excited for you!!! And to be honest, excited for me. :) :) :)

I hope to see more belly pics soon! :)