Samantha and Mia

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 30, 2009

I need help!!!!!!

Morning girls,

I am a wreck...... So, I try to have a baby for the last two and a half years, finally am pregnant and over the moon but then the constant testing has driven me mad.

Here's the rundown:
Yesterday FMU- Woke up at 5:45 a.m.- POAS and you all saw that one.
Last night POAS- $tree and it was way darker than the morning one.
This morning woke up at 5:00 a.m. to POAS and the FRER was lighter than yesterdays.
Went to sleep devastated.
Woke up at 8:30 a.m. (3 1/2 hours later) POAS and it is darker than the FMU frer but still the same color as yesterday morning's frer. Shouldn't it be darker?? Now I am freaking out.

BUT the digital said pregnant! So, here are the pictures. Tell me what you think?

11dpo first morning urine vs. 12dpo second morning urine (they look the same!)
This is this morning's first morning urine vs. second morning urine (what a difference, wierd)


11dpo first morning urine vs. this morning's first morning urine (it's lighter! Not good!)



And finally, the digi!!! This looks wonderful but it means nothing now that I saw the first responses...... I'm a mess right now.... UGH!!!


Here's a comparison of all of them so you can see the changes.....



For all of you ladies who are preggo or who have been, did you ever have this happen??? I'm feeling a little scared right now. Of course, there is nothing I can do to stop from something happening. It is all up to God. Not me. I'm just scared.....
Thanks for listening and all your comments.... they man more to me that you know.. Again, you can click on the pictures to get a better view. Hugs to you all!!!
Kami




33 comments:

Kriss said...

Sweetie, I wouldn't put alot of stock in the lines on the stick. It's still so early and I have seen alot of friends get themselves so upset over the darkness/lightness of lines when in the end they were indeed pregnant and everything was fine. When do you go for your beta? Your beta number is going to give you more peace of mind. (((hugs))) I know this is soooo hard!!!! On a great note though....whoohooo for the digital!!!! Just think if you had only done the digital and not the traditional tests. Seeing the words pregnant!!! Awesome!

DAVs said...

I've never gotten this far myself (four failed IVFs) but I've watched a LOT of infertiles cross over, and one thing I've learned--you never should put any stock in the darkness of the line. A line is a line is a line! I'll bet you have a great number!

battynurse said...

When do you have your beta? I have no idea on the lines. Thinking of you and still hoping for great beta numbers.

myfriar said...

Try not to drive yourself crazy! Different tests can have different amounts of dyes--even tests in the same box, plus your urine can carry different concentrations throughout the day. I've heard of some people getting consistently darker lines in the afternoon rather than FMU. I think you're PERFECT!! When are your betas?

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just started reading your blog and am so happy for you. I'm am a nurse and have two little boys myself, so I know a little about pee sticks :) The line won't get any darker for at least a week, so don't take any more tests until then (or better yet, not at all...YOU'RE PREGNANT YAY!!!) The darker and lighter tests at this point are the individual sticks and have nothing to do with your HCG levels going up and down. All the tests agree that you are pregnant, so just enjoy it. Several years ago, there were no tests that could detect the HCG hormone this early, so the fact that we even have tests for this early in the pregnancy is great. Just listen to your body, and you will start getting reassurances very soon. Now just sit back and think happy baby thoughts.
Andrea

Melody said...

Kami, I love you! I completely understand your fears b/c mine looked different from day to day too. the shade of the line does NOT matter, what matters is that there is a line. The tests aren't all the same color! YOu're pregnant YEAH!

Sunny said...

The darkness of the lines is SOOO frustrating, I have definitely been there. I have been pregnant twice -- once with DS, and once I had a chemical pregnancy. I will be COMPLETELY honest with you and say that with DS, the lines got darker the second day (not darker after that, stayed the same) and with the chemical, they stayed very light and went away on the 3rd or 4th day.

That being said, you are testing very early, and I do NOT believe you are having a chemical. There is at least one baby making him/herself VERY comfortable in there right now. :)

Leah said...

GIRL!!! CHILL!! Seriously, you can't depend on the darkness of a line to tell you how pregnant you are. You are going to make yourself nuts! And trust me, you will need that energy for freaking out over the next 40 weeks! Put down the pee sticks and walk away! Honestly. Waiting on HCG numbers will be insane and you will be worried sick but I just know everything will be perfect! Plus, you are going to go bankrupt buying all of those tests! I know exactly how you feel, but all you can do is sit back and wait. It's not easy but it's doable! I haven't lost my mind yet so there is hope for everyone!

twondra said...

Sweetie, man, I can imagine your fear. I've never been there, but I'm sure after years of trying and not seeing a darker line.....how scary.

But, I agree with some of the others...different tests have different dyes. I remember using OPKs and the difference was unreal sometimes...and so frustrating....so I can imagine it's the same with the HPTs.

Thinking of you sweetie. (((HUGS)))

The Pifer's said...

I've never had a positive so I can't help you in that field, but I am PRAYING VERY HARD!!! Love ya!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

looks to me like someone is pregnant! congrats, kami! i am so happy for you!!

when is your beta?

Ashley said...

IT's hard not to stress...i know!! It gets worse...much worse;) When is your beta?? Quit testing and BE HAPPY your going to be a mama;) ((HUGS))

Michelle said...

Kami,
Seriously...YOU ARE PREGNANT!!! WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!! I want to shout from the roof tops for you! Enjoy it and try to relax, I know, easy for me to say. I can't begin to tell you how happy and excited I am for you! Keep us posted!!
~Michelle

Brittney said...

Hi there, I've never been pregnant so I don't have any great advice for you. I'm sure you are pregnant though (it's just very early:)), so I would rest in that knowledge and not take any more tests. My mom never received a positive with either my sister or me, and we came out just fine. Also, I've learned that we can't trust in the things of this world to determine the outcome of our day. Try leaning into God and talking to Him about your fears. I promise you, He will give you a great peace about this that passes all understanding. This is my prayer for you - abundant peace.

Anonymous said...

Kamie sweetie! It's too early for your pee sticks to be getting reliably darker. A line is a line! I have a good friend who consistently had darker tests in the afternoon/evening than with FMU. Please don't let this stress you out...YOU ARE PREGNANT!!!

Anonymous said...

Oops, sorry about the "e" at the end of your name...typo!

Cady said...

i never took a test with the two lines. the only one i took after my ivf was the digital. i agree with the others, though, in telling you to relax and enjoy being pregnant! trust me, you will freak out more than enough during the pregnancy. i sure have!! i'm anxious to hear what your beta is. when's your test?

Fullers1006 said...

Kami,
I did the same thing when I first became pregnant. I believe I took abt 10 pregnancy tests. It was still hard to believe. When I finally went to the Dr. and they said Laurel your pregnant I burst into tears.. even though I knew deep down its totally diff hearing it from a Dr. Just be patient and I think we all do the same thing!! Yea for the BFP!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Me again. I thought of one more thing that is making the tests light and dark besides just the individual sticks. The sticks test the concentration of HCG IN THE URINE (not how much is in your body or blood). Because of this, it will vary by how much you drink and how concentrated your urine is. For example, if you drink a whole bunch, the test will be light, because your urine is very diluted. That is why they say that morning is the best time to test because your urine is most concentrated at that time. Hope that makes you feel better.
Andrea

Just Another Mother said...

Oh, this is why I didn't test before beta day. . . I would have done exactly what you're doing.

First of all, your 11 dpo (am) and your 12 dpo (2mu) look the same and maybe the 12 day is even a little darker. Who knows what happened with the 12 dpo (am). I think it is so early that the hormones in you urine are still hard to pick up consistently (but they are there!). Don't worry about the darkness. It is still early. The lines are there and that is the important thing. Your beta will be great.

Mrs M said...

Kami - Whoop, Whoop!!
Honey, I had darker lines in the evening with both pregnancies and yes, I tested two and three times a day - every day - for the first few weeks. Thats what a POAS addiction does to you!!
Let us know how the beta goes. I'm plumping for two little ones snuggled in there.

dearjenn said...

A line is a line. I completely understand how freaked out you are- believe me with Hayley I was a wreck. Maybe you remember that? Either way let me know if there is anything I can do to help put your mind at ease.

And CONGRATULATIONS!!

Tiffany said...

No stessing! DO NOT COMPARE... they look great to me. Stop over analyzing and just enjoy it honey. It could depend on how much you have drank or what time of day... no more worrying.

squirrelgirl said...

Yippeeeeeeee!!! As others have said, a line is a line, the darkness doesn't matter because of dye lots, etc. You're preggers, my dear! Tons of sticky vibes are headed your way! And lots of hugs, too!

Anonymous said...

Ladies,

I've been trying my very best to tell her that everything is okay over the phone but, Kami is just to worried right now which I and I"m sure the rest of you can understand!

Kami,
You need to relax before you have an anxiety attack! YOU ARE PREGNANT, you're not in any major pain, you're not bleeding, and you're perfectly healthy. Enjoy this time because, let me tell ya... It goes by so fast!

I cannot wait to hear your beta results on Monday! I'm here if you need to talk :)

Love you so much!

Sarah

Kelli said...

It DOES NOT MATTER how dark or light the lines are...if there is a second line, you are pregnant! You need to chill out. All tests are different and every time you take a test your urine is different. You are pregnant, so don't worry. Stop wasting your money on those tests! :)

Amy said...

Kami- I need your email, I want to send you a picture of my BFP progression. Mine did the same exact thing and your lines are way darker than mine. You are preggo girly! Try and relax and enjoy it. I know that's easier said than done though.

Anonymous said...

dude! i took ONE HPT. i hate them so much. i am so surprised that you took so many :) you need to just get your blood drawn!!! :)

PunkRockChic said...

Omg I am sooooo like you with the testing! Lol. I took more tests than I care to admit during the first week. I took a digital, the dollar tree kind, ept, first response, the clear blue easy kind, etc. Some came out darker than others. And I noticed that when I drank a LOT of water, the test would be lighter later on in the day than when I tested with FMU. I think the 12 dpo mu one looks the darkest. I know how tough it is to relax and just enjoy the early days of pregnancy cuz there are SO many things that run through your mind, making you crazy, all the what-ifs and worrying, but after I got the positive on the digital, I felt a lot more reassured =) I am soooo freaking excited for you! And I have faith in God that you and your baby(s) are perfect fine and that you will carry your beautiful little one(s) to term and live happily ever after with them!

Anonymous said...

put down the sticks. your pregnant. its not like an opk, where you have to have a dark line. 11dpo is WAY early. relax & schedule the beta. You worked hard for this, enjoy it.

2momswithaplan said...

Step away from the HPT's and no one will get hurt!

Seriously! No more testing! It will only add a new stress that you don't need right now.

Girl, you are pregnant! Rejoice, relax, and enjoy this feeling that you've worked soooooooo hard to get.

Love you girl! Can't wait to hear more about this pregnancy!!!

Triumph in Learning said...

I've never got a positive myself But it looks like your probably prego to me:)

Praying for you...

beth ewing said...

i can't say anything no one else has said but a friend of mine got a positive at 4 weeks and then a few days later there was no second line. then a few days later it showed up again. she has a healthy 3 year old from that. so don't trust those tests.