Samantha and Mia

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Week 4


Weeks 3 & 4: Poppyseed

In week 4, now safe in your womb, the ball of cells (blastocyst) splits in two, becoming the embryo and the placenta. The amniotic sac and fluid are forming around baby, and will act as a cushion for the next eight months.
_________________________
So, I am 4weeks, 2days and not much to report yet. I am starting to feel tired more during the day. That started yesterday afternoon. Today, I feel like I could take a nap. I'm sure it will get worse.
_________________________
I keep getting cramps on and off. I am getting pains in my side and am now worried about an ectopic. Of course, I am probably worrying for nothing but it can happen in IVF patients. I just hope it's either gas or my ovaries still swollen. I'm thinking my beta being so high may mean it isn't ectopic. I'm trusting in God that it isn't. You girls are going to hear all kinds of worries from me now. LOL
-------------------------------------
My mom is a little worried about twins. She told me yesterday that if it were twins, she will feel sorry for me. Yeah, that's my mom. She was all excited at first but now she doesn't seem to be. Oh well, once she see's her grandchild/grandchildren, she will be happy!
-----------------------------------
We still haven't told my MIL and FIL. We are keeping it a secret until we know all is well. Another reason is because we don't want hubby's ex wife finding out and causing a fight. We know she will unleash the beast as soon as she finds out so we would like to wait to make sure the pregnancy is viable. I think that's smart! It's pretty bad when you can't enjoy a pregnancy because the ex wife is a mad woman! UGH!
-----------------------------------
I go in tomorrow morning for beta #2! I am really excited and scared at the same time. Please please please let it double! Lord, hear my prayers!
------------------------------------
I will start posting belly pics this Sunday (week 5) I just want to make sure the numbers are going up! So, Sunday's will be belly days! Yay!!!
I hope you all are having a great day!
Babies Mama! LOL

24 comments:

Sunny said...

My ovaries hurt through most of my first trimester. I don't remember any of the technical terms, but it's because that's where your baby is getting his/her nutrients from right now, until the placenta takes over around 10 weeks. I was worried about an ectopic at first too, until I learned that! :)

Fullers1006 said...

Yea! You sound just like me with the worrying! I worried for 9 months straight I had a doppler that I listened to my sons heartbeat everyday 2 times a day! So I totally understand! Everything will be fine though! I am soo happy for yoU!

twondra said...

That is just so awesome to see you posting about YOUR PREGNANCY girl!!! Too cool!

And I am totally relate about the ex. Sometimes it seems the ex runs your life. :(

Thinking of you sweetie!!!

Stephanie said...

Congrats to you & steve..

Remember all those posts stating.. ready to make blankets?????

Waiting for you to stop by my blog and give me a heads up..

Hugs,

Stephanie

Cady said...

girl, i know you read my blog so you know how much i've worried! i totally worried about my pregnancy being ectopic because i had side pains, but all was well. they said it likely was my ovaries. you probably will cramp during the first trimester, but it's totally normal. i worried at first, of course, but it's just the uterus growing. i'm so excited to follow you through your pregnancy!

Lisa said...

Hey Girl. I was worried to about an ectopic because I experienced an ectopic back in 2004 and lost that child. I will tell you that I was CONSTANTLY running to the bathroom when I found out I was pregnant because I was cramping so bad and I always felt like AF was going to come, but luckily that old hag never came : ) Huh - now she comes all the time : (

Anyway, just try to relax and I will be back tomorrow to check on the numbers and to check on you.

Hugs,
Lisa

Stacie said...

I am so happy for you. The first trimester is always a scary one. I understand you not wanting to share with some of your family just yet.

That stinks that your husband's ex is a mad woman.

Can't wait to hear what tomorrow's numbers are!!!!

jenn said...

kami,
i have been following your blog for a few months now and its time i come out and say hello! and CONGRATULATIONS!
i was wondering where you were getting your info from....the info that tells you whats happening in week 4 and the cute little poppy seed picture!
if you could email me at jennrn1998@aol....that would be great...i also have a blog....if you are board one day and want to check it out!

Just Believing said...

Yeah! You are 4 wks pregnant and that is so worthy of praise!!! Aren't moms silly ? My mom does the same thing all the time!

Looking forward to hearnig about beta#2 and praying for you!

Bethany Lenhart said...

Good luck with beta #2!!!!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

saturdays are my belly days..just another reason to look forward to the weekend. :)

cant wait to hear those numbers tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I left a comment for you yesterday. I just found out that I am having twins! My first beta at 9dp5dt was 221 and at 11dp5dt it was 487. Today I am 5 weeks and 2 days my beta was 8,687. I hope this helps. I am so praying for you and I am glad I found your blog!

Bella said...

While I obviously have no personal experience to draw from, I think your nice high beta is pretty reassuring against an ectopic. Sending lots of doubling dust for tomorrow!!!

Ape said...

I am SOOO EXCITED to hear that you are pregnant!! I will be praying that your little "smurfs" stay all nice and cozy in their new little home for the next 9 months!!

PunkRockChic said...

It's TOTALLY okay to worry! Everyone will keep telling you to "stop worrying," and that you need to take it easy, etc, but as a momma, sometimes you just can't help it, lol. I worried about EVERYTHING, during EVERY step along the way. I had lots of cramping my first two months, mainly on the right side of my belly, so I was super worried about an ectopic too, but everything was fine =)

Your mom's attitude toward your pregnancy will do a 180 once she meets her grandbaby(s). I remember feeling so hurt after telling my mom I was preggo cuz she seemed so distant and unsupportive. She said we were too young and it was too soon in our marriage, blah, blah, blah, but now she can't get enough of her grandson. She spoils him rotten and talks about him constantly and carries pix of him with her. It's so cute too watch. I think it all changes once they see their grandbaby, you know?

I'm praying for double numbers!!!!

PunkRockChic said...

P.S. I can't wait to see belly pix! Those are always my favorite =)

Michelle said...

Bring on the BELLY!! :) Hoping for a nice HIGH number tomorrow! I'm sooooo happy for you girl!

I would LOVE to get together. We're out in NOrth Macomb county, but email me and we can figure things out. That would be fun!
mmproper@yahoo.com
~Michelle

Anonymous said...

can i just say that i have not stopped smiling about this?? i really hope for great numbers tomorrow :)

xoxo

Shannon said...

Yeah Kami, so excited to hear your wonderful news!! Now relax and enjoy every minute:)

Shannon said...

I know what that's like with the ex-wife!

Triumph in Learning said...

Hey there.. just wanted to stop by and say.... Congrats Again:) I'm over joyed for you!!!

Hugs,
Hannah

The Coach's Wife said...

Can't wait for beta #2! I would love twins! Praying for you sister!

Ashley said...

It's amazing how much we worry...I didn't think I could EVER worry THIS much!! Sending good thoughts your way. Can't wait to hear the numbers today!! ((HUGS)

Resisting Perfection said...

I wouldn't worry at all about your sides hurting, mine did horrible the first few weeks, I even went to the ER because of it thinking it was ectopic but it wasn't. Those babies are safe and well, I know it!