Samantha and Mia

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 7, 2009

5 Weeks!!!

Week 5: Appleseed Your embryo (looking kind of like a tadpole) is starting to form major organs (heart, kidney, liver, stomach) and systems (nervous, circulatory, digestive). Baby's presence in your uterus triggers production of hCG (the hormone detected by pregnancy tests)... which triggers production of other hormones like estrogen and progesterone... which trigger all those great symptoms you've probably been noticing!

-------------------------------------------------------

Ummmm no, thebump.com, I am not feeling any symptoms thank you very much!!!

I am 5 weeks today and honestly, I still don't feel pregnant. I really am feeling scared right now because I should be feeling something. A lot of women say they don't feel anything until they are around six to seven weeks. I am holding on to hope here that I am one of those women.

I did wake up in the middle of the night with hip and lower back pains. I have had that a few times. That too has scared the crap out of me. I am new to all of this so I have no clue what I'm feeling. I keep having horrible thoughts in my head. Hubby has been saying he has really good feelings about this pregnancy. I on the other hand, don't. I don't know what has gotten into me. It just seems like nothing goes right, why now???

I am trying to stay positive. It is so very hard. And what stinks even more is that Thursday's ultrasound will only show a sac. So I will have to wait even longer to see if there is a heartbeat or two in there. I guess I will feel a little better Thursday morning after I see what's in there. If you have some extra prayers, please say one for my little babies. I am a wreck and need you all more than anything right now.

I was going to do a belly picture starting this week but I decided to wait until I see a heartbeat or two. Then I will start the belly pictures. I keep thinking of my beta's and how wonderful they were. I'm just praying things are still going great in there. This is worse than the actual ttc part. UGH!

Ok, enough of the downer post....... I'm pregnant right now and that's all that matters! Thanks for listening to me girls! I really appreciate it!

Can you please tell me when you started to feel pregnancy symptoms. That may help me to feel better too! Thank you!

Hugs,
Kami

29 comments:

Bella said...

I totally understand your worries, but I think it's normal to not have symptoms yet. And maybe you'll even be one of the lucky ones who don't have many symptoms at all! Praying for you and a beautiful u/s this week!

Leah said...

I can promise you, even with symptoms, you will still not feel pregnant! =) It's just a nerve wracking process and you just have to know that it's out of your hands and there is nothing you can do except to trust God. It's extremely hard especially since the joy has been robbed by infertility. I'm telling you, I'm almost 28 weeks and still don't "Feel" pregnant, even though I'm feeling the baby move and my belly is getting bigger! I may feel pregnant once this baby pops out. We'll see. Try to enjoy every second and not focus on the what if's.

Mandy said...

You're just being cautious and setting yourself up to handle disappointment. We all do. Plus, I think all of us IF-er's learn to ignore symptoms subconsciously since our bodies have been through so much with each cycles! Stay strong, I can't wait for your appointment!!

Anonymous said...

You don't really feel pregnant until the baby moves around. Some people don't ever have morning sickness or anything else. I had some morning sickness at 8 weeks, but even then I thought I might have gotten the stomach flu (I won't go into details). Sometimes it's hard not to worry all the way through the pregnancy, especially when you've already had a miscarriage (my first pregnancy ended that way). You really do just have to let go and trust God. That's all I can say. Here's hoping everything goes well this week!!!
Andrea

Krisy said...

Kami, you remind me of me! I am 8w2d today and I have barely any symptoms and its twins. I have absolutly no sore boobs and I really just recently started feeling extra tired and the only time I get nausous is when I get hungry. The hunger comes on so fast and if I don't eat in like 30seconds i start gagging. I have only puked 3 times so far. That started around 7 weeks for me. Finally after last weeks u/s I told myself if all was still good I'd stop feeling negative all the time and I pretty much have. I have absolute faith that your fine!

Ashley said...

I don't have any symptoms yet either...except hunger;) I know what you mean about this being worse than the ttc part!! We've been disappointed so many times that it's hard to believe that this is true! Just try to enjoy each day and thank God for THAT day. ((HUGS))

Sunny said...

I'm sorry you are scared, I think it's extra tough for us IF girls. The first trimester I *refused* to believe I was pregnant. I did all the right stuff (prenatals, no alcohol, etc.) but I kept starting sentences with, "If I'm pregnant." My husband was like, "You ARE pregnant. Be happy!" The second trimester when I could hear the heartbeat (I rented a doppler from www.babybeat.com, best $30 per month I've ever spent) every night at home, I was much better.

I started to feel symptoms around 5-6 weeks, I think. Generally uneasy stomach, lots of peeing.

The Pifer's said...

Sweetie, I am praying for you sweetie, I know how nerve racking this must be, just try so hard to have faith! God is so amazing and he is going to carry you through this!!!! YOU ARE PREGNANT---keep telling yourself that :) Love ya sweetie!

beth ewing said...

i didn't have symptoms until 6 weeks and from what i've read that is normal. remember though...not everyone gets nauseated or sick or has a bunch of symptoms. so just try your hardest to stay positive. before you know it you'll see one to two heartbeats and then you'll feel better.

Sisrea said...

I think that i was nearly 7 wks when i started to feel sick. It wasn't full blown sickness all the time it was more of the not feeling like eating and just nauseated. I only was sick about a handfull of times

lori said...

I actually had 3 pregnancy tests before I got a positive so by that time was about 7 weeks - and didn't have symptoms until after that. I never got morning sickness but the first symptom (which I didn't recognise my 1st pregnancy) was a tingling feelling in my breasts. Hang in there, they'll come!

Ape said...

I didn't start any syptoms until I was 7 weeks and boy that nausea kicked in FULL FORCE!! I was sick all day and night, not throwing up but just nausea for 17 weeks straight. I actually lost 20 lbs while pregnant because i couldn't eat. I hope your little babies are tucked nice and warm in your belly!! Praying for you and can't wait to see your ultrasound!! Keep YOUR POSTIVE THOUGHTS

Anonymous said...

1. you may not see heartbeats, but you MAY see two sacs at your US :)

2. i still tell b that i don't feel pregnant. and i am almost 20 wks! once you've had to work so hard for it you almost can't believe it's true!!!

battynurse said...

Hang in there. I hear that there are those who are happy to have no symptoms throughout the pregnancy. I'm with you though. I'd want some sort of tangible evidence that I'm knocked up. Like just enough nausea to be comforting. Hope Thursday gets here fast for you.

Triumph in Learning said...

Hey Kami.. Just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you and your baby/babies...

Sorry that you are nervous... I probably would be too knowing me.. But try not to worry too much... I believe that everything is going to work out great:)

HUGS,
Hannah

Lisa said...

The WAIT is the worse part!! You wait to get pregnant, you wait for the retreival, wait for the transfer, wait for the beta results and wait for that VERY 1st U/S. Hang in there girl...keep the FAITH and stay positive! Just think you will see that baby or babies very soon : )

I am so happy for you... I am just really thrilled!!

Hugs,
Lisa

Just Another Mother said...

I hardly had any symptoms the 1st trimester. I did get tired eventually, really, really tired, but I realize that only in hindsight now. I was so doped up on progesterone and estrogen I wasn't sure what I was feeling. I hardly got naseous at all, just waves of it here and there. Try not to worry about lack of symptoms (even though I did) everyone is different.

Congrats on 5 weeks. Every week is a milestone.

Stacie said...

Oh sweetie, I know this is so very scary. I remember being terrified between every visit too. It wasn't until I started to feel Laney move that I felt more at ease.

Hang in there. Everything will be okay.

kim_brough said...

I don't know anything about being pregnant (and never wanna!) but many of my friends have babies. None of them even thought to take a pregnancy test until they were a week or 2 late, which would be what, 5 or 6 weeks? I think (and hope and pray) that you're okay. But I bet once they kick in they'll be double if it really is twins!

squirrelgirl said...

Kami, I never really had any symptoms except bloating - I'd wake up with a nice falt belly and by dinner time I had a pooch. Nobody else noticed it though, and that wasn't until 11 or 12 weeks. I never had morning sickness or anything, and that doesn't ususally kick in until 7 or 8 weeks anyway. So please don't worry yourself!

Heather said...

Hang in there! You had better than great betas, and I never felt a thing about pregnancy until about week 6 or 7 and that was extreme tiredness. Never had morning sickness.

twondra said...

Dang infertility....makes you worry about everything doesn't it? :( I wish I could say something to help you feel better. I'm thinking of you and very anxious for the appointment on Thursday. :)

Fullers1006 said...

Kami I totally understand how you are feeling. I prayed to God soo hard when I first got pregnant that I would get morning sickness so I would KNOW that I was.. Well 6 weeks to the day I started with morning sickness and it didn't stop till I was 20 weeks pregnant. It was all day sickness really! So count yourself blessed that it hasn't started yet and maybe you won't get the sickness part only the breast soreness etc! Yea for being pregnant though I am sooo hapyp for you and praying for a big healthy baby or two!

Paxton said...

Hi Kami
Its completely normal to be nervous, don't beat yourself up but also don't be too worried about the not feeling any symptoms. When I was pregnant with Nickie I didn't feel anything until I was 5 weeks and 6 days haha I remember it to the day because it was honestly like I went to bed one night and woke up the next morning to find someone had turned on a vomit switch haha. It didn't get turned off until I had given birth! Love to you and bubbies - Pax xoxoxo

Resisting Perfection said...

I didn't feel anything at 5 weeks except for back and leg pain. Then around 7 weeks the nausea hit me full throttle! My boobs never really ached until later in the pregnancy either, which always freaked me out. Those babies are just fine in there, TRUST!

Melody said...

I only felt tired. I was 6 weeks before I found out and I didn't think I was preg. Don't worry! Symptoms are ON THEIR WAY :)

Becca said...

Hi Kami, I just found your blog and am excited to follow your journey! I have many of the same feelings of anxiety that you do - I am 7w2d pregnant with twins after an FET and feel like I'm always bracing myself for the let-down. Infertility does that to you, I guess. I've started feeling nauseated the past few days and I've never been so excited to feel so sick! :) Can't wait to hear about your ultrasound later in the week!

Tiffany said...

I didn't feel much that early. Mostly just cramping, which scared me. I am sure things are moving along just fine, I felt the same way and sorry to say this worry is just the begining.

Jill said...

Don't worry! I drove myself crazy worrying about symptoms! STOP reading the internet! You'll drive yourself crazy! Think positive! I am 30 weeks and I still worry which is not good for our baby girl! I only felt nauseous for a little while everyday! Consider yourself lucky! I'll say a prayer for you and your family!