Samantha and Mia

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, June 8, 2009

Spotting......

I went to the bathroom this morning and I had a spot of brown on the toilet paper. You think I was a mess yesterday, today is even worse. *UGH*

Could Thursday get here any faster please???

31 comments:

Susan said...

Hello...I have never posted on your blog before, but I have been reading for a while. First...congratualations on your pregnancy. As a woman who went through infertility (I now have two beautiful boys) I can totally understand you anxiety, excitement, angst, worry, joy, pain, etc...it is a roller coaster ride. Take time to enjoy all of it. It will be worth it in the end.

Regarding the spotting...brown is not always bad. In most cases it is perfectly ok. Bright red blood is concerning. Brown is old blood that is being expelled. Generally left over from a previous cycle and you are probably supposed to being having your period right now. If you are not having severe cramping, pain or bright red bleeding I would not worry. Of course, any time you are concerned you should call your doctor.

Once you have your ultrasound on Thursday you will be much more at ease. I will keep you in my prayers throughout this wonderful and magical time!

Susan

Krisy said...

At exactly 7 weeks I had bad cramping and brown spotting that lasted a few days and all was still good!!

Mandy said...

But you are a well informed IVF-er and KNOW that
a.) brown is better than red
b.) spotting is normal in pregnancy, esp. IVF
c.) spotting is common in MULTIPLES!!

Just relax! Have a bottle of water and a 3 day nap!

Bella said...

Ditto to the previous posters' comments that brown spotting is okay and is much better than red. I totally understand you being concerned, though. Hurry up Thursday!! ((HUGS))

Amber said...

Ive also heard that brown is ok. Im sure everything is perfect:)

Stacie said...

Everyone who commented is correct. Bright red blood is bad. Brown spotting is old blood. No worries, sweetie. Thursday will be here soon!!!

MJ said...

Don't worry too much about it. I had the same thing and both times I took myself to the ER. Both times they were very nice and said that it's always better to be safe then sorry and to check it out. I had an ultrasound done the second time (at 6 weeks) and it showed everything was great. The blood that time was just the placenta attaching to my utures. It's ok to be nervous, I am 13.5 weeks and everytime I go to the bathroom I have to check! Just remember to breathe!

The Coach's Wife said...

Thinking about you and praying for you! Love and hugs!

PunkRockChic said...

Grrrrr, stinkin spotting =( If it makes you feel any better, I spotted from 5-9 weeks pregnant. Mine was anywhere from brownish to pinkish to bright red in some cases. Soooo scary, but everything turned out okay =) My docs never gave me a solid answer that I was happy with. I got everything from "it just happens," to "threatened miscarriage," to "implantation bleeding," etc. I will make sure to keep you in my prayers anyway, but I have faith in God that everything is okay and your babies are safely nuzzled and protected in their mommy!

The Pifer's said...

Love you and praying for you!!!! You are a strong women and you can get through this...I know you can! Keep up the faith love!

:::HUGS::::

2momswithaplan said...

Brown is very normal! Those babies are snuggled in nice and tight! Hugs to you!

Sisrea said...

hang in there!! i know that this is soooooooooooooooooo hard..and as other people have already said, brown is MUCH better then red, and spotting is commong in mulitple pregnancy!

Fullers1006 said...

Kami I want you to know I had the SAME exact thing at 5 weeks... It was a brown spot. I called the dr. went in and they did an emergency ultrasound. Saw nothing out of the ordinary there was a sac but still to early to see baby. My Dr. told me that is old blood and not to worry. It happened a few times on and off but 9 months later I had a little dude! Keep your head up you are in my prayers I pray and hope its nothing!

Nicole said...

hang in there...dont think the worst...my aunt bled the whole time she carried my cousin. my sister in law had spotting 2 separate times when she was pregnant. brown is actually "old blood"

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I also had spotting that was brownish-red at 6-7 weeks with both my pregnancies, and it turned out to be nothing. If it makes you feel any better, even though I am a nurse and am supposed to know all about pregnancy, I went running to the doctor each time to make sure the baby was OK. I was very paranoid too (maybe that isn't a good word...worried maybe). Anyway, I think every pregnant woman is always worried, and that is normal too. Try to enjoy it, and hang in there a few more weeks until you can feel babies moving.
Andrea

beth ewing said...

brown is better than red. i had some spotting at like 10 weeks with my son and it was ok. hang in there girl. i can only imagine what a wreck you are with all you've been through.

Cady said...

i had spotting early on too, so i know how scary it is. i was told, though, it was probably the baby pulling on the blood vessels in the uterus. i'm sure everything's ok!

Bluebird said...

Thinking of you! Try not to worry, the others are right :) (easier said than done, I know!)

Anonymous said...

you know i worried myself sick when i was spotting. it was brown sometimes and bright red other times.

put yourself on bedrest if you can for a bit, drink tons of water.

thinking about you! xoxo

squirrelgirl said...

Hugs to you as you wait for Thursday to roll around. You've gotten such wise words from everyone already that I'll just keep you and your 2 little beans in my thoughts :-)

Ashley said...

Kami,

I've had so much spotting and/or bleeding this pregnancy that it is CRAZY. All is still well with me and I'm sure it will be for you. Brown spotting is totally normal, especially after IVF and even more common if you are carrying twins. Trust in God!! I'm praying for you.

jennifer said...

i know everyone told you this already, but spoting is completely normal! when i was pg with the twins, i felt completely normal until around 6-7 weeks and then the constant nausea and vomiting hit!! i was never so excited to puke in my life!! i was sick of it pretty quickly though. as outstanding as your hcg levels are, i dont think you have anything to worry about it, but i will say an extra prayer for you. and i will pray for thursday to hurry up!!

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking good thoughts for you and hoping that Thursday gets here soon!

Michelle said...

I'm sure everything's okay, but I would be a wreck just like you! Hang in there and I'm praying for more good news for you this Thursday!!
~Michelle

Lori said...

I would agree also that brown is better than red, but I have never been in those shoes before. Praying for you and your precious miracle(s)!

Paxton said...

Hi Kami I'm sure you'll be fine sweetie. I had spotting at about 6 weeks when I was pregnant with Nickie. It was a decent amount of blood and I had pretty bad cramping too. I was told by my doctor to go straight home to bed. Everything had calmed down by that evening and the next day I had a scan and a blood test and everything was perfect, they couldn't find a reason for it. So just chill and relax - easier said than done though. If you are really nervous and you think that a doctors visit could be calming then do that. Better to be safe than sorry. Thinking of you. Pax xoxoxo

battynurse said...

Spotting happens often and everything is still ok. That said I can imagine how scared you are. I would be too. Hang in there. I hope it doesn't increase and was just an isolated incident. Thinking of you and hoping Thursday shows up quickly. Hugs to you.

Brittney said...

I wish I had some words of wisdom for ya. All I can say is that I'm praying for you. God loves you and is watching over your unborn babies...

Anonymous said...

It took us five years to concieve Nick so I understand some of your frustrations. I was always on the lookout for blood and this is what I was told. Bright red blood is fresh new blood and prompts reason to be seen at the OB. Brown blood is old and is not urgent at all.
Remember implimentation can also cause bleeding and the stretching of the uterus (with your possible twins) could also prompt spotting/bleeding that is normal.
Wishing you the very best!

Stacy

Amy said...

TOTALLY NORMAL!!! What have your prog levels been? If they are pretty high, spotting is very common. I had red spotting, and I have a beautiful little boy to show for it! Your u/s can't get here fast enough!

Becca said...

Sounds like spotting is very normal and nothing to be concerned about. It's so hard not to worry, though - I totally understand. Hoping that the next few days fly by for you to get you to the ultrasound!!