Samantha and Mia

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 31, 2009

I thought we could hide from it.....

Not us, it has been confirmed. One of our girls has the swine flu. They stayed with us last night and she woke up this morning with a severe sore throat and horrible cough. I took her temp and sure enough, 102.1. *SIGH*

The other one was running a low grade temp at 100.1 with a cough. Hubby took both girls to the ER because it is spreading like wildfire here in Michigan. Sure enough, they said they were sure that is what the one had. The doctor wrote a script for Tamiflu for both girls and sent them on their way. I then called my OB and told him what was happening. He called in Tamiflu for me and said if I get a temperature over 101 or I start to cough up a lung, to go straight to the hospital. At this point, the vaccine hasn't kicked in yet so I am still in danger of getting it. My OB said that as soon as I am done with the Tamiflu for ten days, the vaccine should kick in by then.

I am a little scared. OK, really scared but I am leaving this in God's hands. He has His plans. I just hope it doesn't mean me going into the hospital. I'm having a really rough day so I am going to get going.

God, please give me the strength. Give me peace and comfort and please take care of my family.

In Jesus Name, Amen.

Kami

9 comments:

Lori said...

Oh, I am so sorry that you have to worry about this flu. I am so tired of it, I wish so badly that it would just disapear! I will hopw and pray that you will not catch this flu!!!

twondra said...

Nooooo! I'm so sorry. I'm definitely praying for you guys. (((HUGS)))

Amy said...

I love you!!! Call me if you need to talk and try to have a good night...

xoxo

Stacie said...

Kami,

That is just awful. I hope both the girls get to feeling better SOON. You take care of yourself.

- Stacie

Bella said...

Oh no! Praying for your family to all get/stay well! ((HUGS))

PunkRockChic said...

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry =( I will say extra, extra prayers and ask God to protect you and your sweet babies from the swine flu and to make your girls better asap!

2momswithaplan said...

Ugh that really sucks. I understand how you feel. I hope the girls start to feel better soon. My niece just got over this... thankfully her mother didn't catch it while taking care of her. From what I understand, that TamiFlu will knock it out and they'll start feeling better soon!

Shannon said...

Just got this article and thought of you...
http://www.news-medical.net/news/20090911/Elderberry-extract-prevents-H1N1-infection-in-vitro.aspx

Natalie said...

Thinking about you sister...haven't heard from you in a couple of days, so I am praying that you are still super healthy and the girls are fully healed!