Samantha and Mia

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, October 12, 2009

23 Weeks!!!!

Really??? 23 weeks??? Time is really flying by and fast!!! I am still having contractions but they are far apart. I have an appointment on Wednesday to measure the babies and I am going to request sit down work only if they don't. It's about time I take it easy. I am starting to get nervous that I may go into labor early. I pray every day that I don't but again it isn't up to me, it's up to God.

Other than that, still constipated, lots of movement and ribs/back still hurting. Not to mention the nice big fat zit on my lip that got infected and now it looks like I have lip injections. Just not the pretty kind. LOL No big deal, as hubby says, I am a trooper. And he's right. Pregnancy is not easy but very rewarding.

I am now drinking a gallon of water a day. Thank you ladies who suggested that! My co workers think I'm crazy. LOL

Here's some stats for you to read. My girls are getting big! Less than a week to 50% viability. That makes me so happy!!! Of course, I want to go another 10-12 weeks. :)

-------------------------------------------------------

Proportions of the body are now quite similar to a newborn although thinner since he hasn't begun to form body fat.
Bones located in the middle ear harden.
Your baby is able to hear. (Dads, did you know: low-frequency sounds mimicking a male voice penetrate the abdomen and uterine wall better than the higher frequencies of the female voice?)
The eyes are formed, though the iris still lacks pigmentation.
The pancreas, essential in the production of hormones, is developing steadily. She has begun producing insulin, important for the breakdown of sugars.
If born now, your baby has a 15% chance of survival, his odds going up with each passing day.
The average baby at this stage weighs 1.1 pound (501gm) and is 11.38 inches (28.9cm) long.

----------------------------------------------------------

How Far Along? 23 weeks!!!
Total Weight Gained/Loss? 23 so far, I'll know more on Wednesday
Maternity Clothes: About 90% of the time now.
Sleep? it comes and goes
Best Moment of the Week? Seeing my belly move from the outside
Movement- All the time now. Still not super strong but definitely there.
Food Craving- Everything!
Food aversions- None
Morning sickness?- I have been off Zofran for three days. Crossing my fingers it doesn't come back.
Gender- Still two girls
Labor Signs- Having contractions but cervix is still awesome
Belly Button- Hanging in there
What I miss- Being able to put my socks on/sleeping on my belly/having a glass of wine/having no aches and pains/sex (shhhhh)/my old boobs/being able to breathe.... lol
What I'm looking forward to- My 4D ultrasound in 3 weeks
Weekly Wisdom- Trust in God, He will not forsake you!
Milestones- 5 days from the start of viability!!!

What a blessing!!!!!!

Oh, and please stop over to my girl Lorrie's blog!!! After 15 years, and two IVF's, she is finally pregnant!!!!!! Praise the Lord!!!

9 comments:

Bella said...

Yay! So glad you are off the Zofran and the contractions are few and far between. Praying for no early labor!!

Stacie said...

Ahhh, I was starting to worry about you. Yesterday, I realized that you hadn't posted in 3 days. Wheew! What a relief to see your lovely post right now.

You're adorable. I missed being able to breath during pregnancy too - and I was only carrying 1. Not being able to shave really well sucked too.

I'm so glad that you're doing well and hanging in there!

Lori said...

Love all the pregnancy stats. I also cannot believe that you are 23 weeks. Oh how time fly's!

Leah said...

Your pregnancy has gone by so fast to me! Hopefully it has for you too! Mine seemed to drag by! I'm so happy that all is well. I am really happy for you. =)

Anonymous said...

I haven't written in so long! I just want you to know that I do still check up on your progress since I don't see you often enough. I love you so much and can't wait to see you again. Hang in there Momma, you look absolutely GORGEOUS and that's the TRUTH :)

Sarah

Amber said...

Congrats on 23 weeks!

twondra said...

Every week is another week closer!!! And every week I get so much more excited for you and your girls!! I think and pray for you every day!!

Ashley said...

Happy 23 weeks;) I'm waiting on your 23 week picture girlie!! Glad all is well!! ((HUGS))

Bluebird said...

Hey sweet girl - happy 23 weeks!! So sorry I'm so behind on my commenting, but please know that I think of you and your girls often. Oh, and the constipation and zit? Yeah, me too :) I need to get better on the water, though, they say that really helps the former. . . not so sure about the later!

Also - Thank you for your continued support and sweet words. It means more than you can know. ((Hugs))