Samantha and Mia

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hand me downs needed.......

Hey all,

This title says it all. I am a little embarrassed to post this but here goes.....

I am getting larger and larger and am running out of maternity clothes. Hubby and I are kind of in a financial rut right now. (Too long to post about)

Anyway, If anyone has some maternity clothes on their hands and don't need them anymore, I would be happy to take them from you! :) I know it's a shot in the dark but I'm just thinking of ways to not show up at work naked. LOL LOL

Also, I do not have a dress for my shower that is in three weeks. If anyone has a maternity dress that is cute, I would love to take it off your hands.

I can also send everything back to you after my pregnancy. Whatever you want.

What an embarrassing post. I almost want to delete it but it's worth a try!

Hugs to all,
Kami

27 comments:

Melody said...

Kami,
Maternity clothes are EXPENSIVE so I wouldn't feel bad AT ALL about asking. I'm sure there are people who would be willing to help. Also, I am a lot bigger than you so I'm sure all of mine would swallow you! However, I used to just buy clothes a size or 2 bigger than what i normally wear!

Penny1215 said...

Don't be embarrassed. Most women wear hand me down maternity clothes. Some places just charge ridiculous amounts of money for clothes that your gonna wear for all of a couple of months. I'd send you mine, but I'm using them currently. I'm sure you'll find someone who has no need for theirs. Walmart actually has some very cute cheap maternity clothes. Ross's is very good too. That's where I got all of mine this time. I got two pair of jeans for like seven dollars each and a few shirts for just a little bit as well. The clothes are very cute too!!

Fullers1006 said...

Kami.. I read your blog all the time and so happy for you and the twins. I would lend you mind but I dont think they woudl fit because I had a single pregnancy. I would like to recommend if you don't get any handme downs try Ross. I don't know if you have a Ross where you live but thats where I got ALL my maternity clothes. I even got a non maternity dress there that I wore at my shower. Well hope this helps sorry I dont have any actualy clothes. Take care!

Pufferfish said...

Do you have a twins club where you live or an active Craigslist? This is where I've gotten all of my maternity clothes so far. I have only bought one new item and that was a pair of sweatpants at Old Navy.

I would loan you some of mine...we both are small, but I am pregnant with twins as well and I'm wearing them!

Jodi said...

I don't have any to lend you, but you could try freecyle.org or kijiji.com

That is where I found the majority of what I am wearing.

juliane2004 said...

I dont have anything to give you but I wanted to tell you I LOVE your blog background!

twondra said...

Oh, sweetie, I wish so much I could help you...but obviously I don't have anything. And the people I would think of asking are pregnant and will be needing. :( I hope you're able to find something. Thinking of you!!!!

Anonymous said...

I would totally send you anything I had, but I’m running into the same problem as you (nothing fits anymore) and I’ve only got a singleton pregnancy so there’s no hope that what I’ve got will fit you! I wanted to recommend Craigslist to you…I’ve gotten nearly all of my maternity clothes off of Craigslist and saved soooo much money (just last week I got 9 shirts for $5). I second PP idea checking to see if there is a twins group in the area. My area has a moms of multiples group…hopefully yours does as well. Also, I’ve also found that our local Goodwill has a pretty decent selection of maternity clothes for very reasonable prices ($8 for jeans, $4 for other pants). I hope that some of your readers are able to help you out and send you some goodies!!

Jeane said...

Hi,

My name is Jeane and I've been following your blog fo awhile. Congratulations on your twins :-)

What size would you need?

Jeane

Kami said...

I am in a 10 now. Or Large. A lot of my medium shirts still fit but I know I'm going to hit a growth spurt soon.

Thank you all so much for understanding. Times are tough and it just so happens to hit when I'm pregnant with twins. Goodness.

Kami

Stacie said...

Kami! I have a really cute maternity dress you can have. I wore it at my baby shower when I was 8+ months pregnant. I think it will fit you. We're close to the same size.

Let me take some pictures of it later. Email me at: stacie.najera@gmail.com

if you want.

-Stacie

Lisa said...

Don't be embarrased!! Maternity clothes are expensive and I myself recv'd some hand me downs and loved them. The only thing is that all of my maternity clothes are for plus size gals and I really highly doubt you would fit into them (lol).

Have you tried E-Bay or Craigslist? If you go and buy some from Craigslist then I would definitely have hubby go with you to pick them up...just to be safe, but those are always a couple options.

Hugs,
Lisa

Shannon said...

Wish I could help! I wore giant sizes as I was freaking enormous. You would swim in them. I agree with everyone, they are sooo stinking expensive. I bought most of mine at the second-hand store or goodwill. I see giant lots of them on craigslist all the time and I'd definitely sign up for freecycle and watch for some!

squirrelgirl said...

Don't feel bad at all! I only bought 2 or 3 items new when I was pg (other than bras). The rest of my stuff was hand-me-downs and consignment store bargains. Unfortunately, they're all size 6, so they wouldn't help you. But Goodwill and thrift/consignment stores are excellent places to find good buys (some of my shirts were $1).

Anonymous said...

:( i just gave all of my stuff to someone else. boo!

there's a place in AA that sells stuff really cheap! you should go there. i got the dress i wore to one of my showers for like $6!

Tasha said...

I think there is a Once Upon a Child near you that actually sells maternity clothes. Try calling one and asking if they know which one..They are awesome for kid clothing too!

Also check out thrift stores..I got a few tops from them before!

Sandra said...

Hi I have a dress that is very cute i wore it at my baby shower I can let you borrow it I would love to have it back for sentimental reasons it's not a maternity dress I just got it 10 times bigger lol heres is a link so you can look at it and let me know if you are interested

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=92018663&albumID=1139814&imageID=11457042

also if you are interested I can go through some of Aydens clothes and bows and send them to you.

Sandra said...

here is how the bottom of the dress looks and it was only worn once


http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=92018663&albumID=1139814&imageID=11457042#a=1139814&i=11458447

Tina said...

What size? Im 31 weeks with twins and wear a large...email me if you think that size would work..

Mandy said...

I only bought a few pieces, my bed rest attire was my husbands clothes and sports bras! You're more than welcome to them, just drop me a line! I think I have two or three shirts and two pairs of capris. I have a pair of shorts from old navy but that band couldn't get around my belly! I also have a maternity dress that I can send, I don't know what size you're looking for and right now I'm too lazy to get out of bed to look at what I have!

mandyhosier@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I wish I had some to send, but I got rid of most of mine :( I don't blame you for posting this though and it sounds like you are going to get some stuff!

Kami said...

Sandra- I posted a comment on your blog. I noticed you haven't been there in a while so I hope you see this one! :)

All of you are amazing!!! Thank you!

Kami

Sandra said...

ok will look at it now thats weird i check it everyday...

Anonymous said...

Kami,

E-mail me privately, I have a ton of items for you...

Stacy
Nicksmomndad@yahoo.com

kim_brough said...

I've never had a baby, so I have nothing to offer. But if you have to go to work naked, promise you'll take pictures of your co workers reactions. :-) ha ha

Kami said...

Kim- I promise!!!! LOL

We would really be in trouble with finances because I would be fired!!! LOL

Kami

Michelle said...

If I had some to share I would. However, we adopted so I dont own any maternity clothes. Much luck to you. Dont be embarrassed. I think its neat that you did this.