Samantha and Mia

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 3, 2009

22 Weeks!!!!

Weeks 21-24 (Month 5): Papaya

Watch what you say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.

----------------------------------------------------

How Far Along? 22 Weeks
Total Weight Gained/Loss? 23 Pounds
Maternity Clothes? Yes
Sleep? Pretty good
Best Moment of the Week? Hubby feeling the babies move
Movement? All the time now
Food Craving? Cookies
Food aversions? None
Morning sickness? Still on Zofran
Gender? Two girls
Labor Signs? Not yet!!!
Belly Button? half in/half out
What I miss? Wearing my cute sweaters
What I'm looking forward to? My shower
Weekly Wisdom? Soak your feet in epsom salt when they swell
Milestones? everyday is a milestone for me.

----------------------------------------------------

I received a gift in the mail from my dear friend Tracey the other day. It is the baby bathtub we registered for. Thank you so much honey! We love it! The girls and I put it together today and it is going to work so well for our little chickies. It is so weird seeing presents come for a baby. I never thought I would be here. We sent out our invitations two days ago so hopefully we get a great response for our shower. I know that hubby and I will have a hard time getting a lot of the stuff so we are hoping a lot come. I can't believe the shower is only six weeks away! That is crazy! It is going to be so fun!

The babies are kicking up a storm now. Hubby and my mom felt them. One of my co workers felt them too the other day. They are all over the place now. I did put a remote on my belly and sure enough, Peanut kicked it. I can't wait until we see big movement.

I am counting down the weeks. I want to see my babies so bad. I'm ready to have them. Of course, when they are big and healthy. :) I just can't wait to meet them. I wonder if they look like me or their daddy. I wonder what color hair they are going to have. What color eyes? I am over the moon right now. I can't wait to be their mommy forever!

Other than that, not much else. I had to go to the doctor last night because I have a sore throat and sinus issues. They put me on Keflex because I have a sinus infection. I don't like being sick when the babies are with me. I want to do whatever I can to keep them safe. Lots of fluids and rest. That's what I am doing. My best friends birthday party is today and I had to miss it because I feel like poo. I hope she understands. I feel bad.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I leave you with my belly pic! I'm getting huge!


17 comments:

Lisa said...

You are getting quite big there Momma, but absolutely beautiful and I am totally loving that belly of yours!! Hope you feel better soon!!

Hugs,
Lisa

2momswithaplan said...

You have one beautiful belly there! It sounds like you are doing really well and keeping those babies nice and healthy. Hope your sinuses clear up soon...

The Pifer's said...

I LOVE your belly!!!! I am so glad y'all are doing good! :) Where are you registered again? Love u!

PunkRockChic said...

The belly is stunning! And your face, the expression of utter bliss, is priceless =)

Mandy said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I hope you kick that infection soon! Pregnant sick is sooo much worse! I always asked my Dr. how big I was measuring-it always amazed me how much bigger I was than the regular singleton! I reached 41 weeks at 29 weeks!

You'll be amazed at the generosity of people at your shower! I think people are just so mesmerized and intrigued by twins that they buy double everything. We had some many extras that I was able to exchange them for things we didn't get!

Angelwingsbaby said...

My little guy kicked the remote when I had it on my tummy too, dh and I couldn't stop laughing."Nanner" just kept kicking it and it kicking it ,it was hillarious to watch it rock back and forth on my tummy.

jenn said...

love your cute preggo belly!

twondra said...

I just love hearing about how much you love your girls! It's so inspiring to me! you're going to be the best mommy!!

You've got the cutest belly ever!!

Malena said...

Your belly is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Peppermint Patty said...

My baby showers (I had 3) were the best time of my whole pregnancy! I know you will have fun too!!

Amber said...

aww your belly is so cute, the babies are growing nice and healthy it looks like:) I cant wait to be able to feel the baby move so exciting

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

22 weeks? Time sure flies! You look great..that belly is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Great belly shot!

Have you picked out the girls names yet?

Ashley said...

Looking great honey!! So glad all is well:)

Amber said...

Hope you will join us on our new blog
http://chadandamberwallace.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

have i mentioned how beautiful you look??

happy 22 wks!

xoxo

Bella said...

I love your belly....so cute! I'm so glad everything with you and the babies is okay. I'm praying it stays that way too!