Until I meet my babies!!! I can not believe that they will be here in less than a week. I am so excited but I have to be honest. I am really terrified. I thought I would be fine and it would come naturally but I am not so sure anymore.
What if I don't know how to be a good mommy?
What if I don't know what their cries mean?
What if I don't know how to change their diaper the right way?
What if I have a breakdown or ten?
I have so many things running through my head. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. I keep pacing the house to make sure everything is ready. I finally took the decorations off of the Christmas tree. That's right, I still have the tree up!!! That is the final thing that needs to be done to welcome the girls to their home. So, hubby will take the tree down to storage and we will finally be done. Thank God!
I know I have been begging to get the girls out now but as of this morning, I think I want to wait until next Monday. They measured them yesterday at the hospital (had to have an NST and check my blood and urine for protein, everything was fine) Baby A is 5 lbs. 12 oz. and Baby B is 6 lbs 5 oz!!!! I have a 6 pound baby in there!! How exciting is that? So, if we wait until next Monday, both babies will be well over 6 lbs and possibly, baby B will be over 7 pounds! That makes me feel so much better. Now watch, because I said this, they will come tonight! LOL
We also have my step daughters for the entire week because their mom decided to go on vacation. Well, she said it is a company paid getaway. It just happens to come at the wrong time. Don't get me wrong, I want them there with us. I just don't want to have my water break in the middle of the night and have to get all of us ready. Goodness. We'll see though. If it happens, then the whole family will be together.
So, six more days and my world will change for the better. I have tried for many years to conceive a child and God finally blessed me. Everything I fought for. All the shots, tests, pain, suffering and crying. It was all worth it. Because finally, I get to meet my little miracles. A part of me and a part of my husband. I am in awe and I seriously can't believe this is finally happening. My baby girls will be here on or before January 25th! Amazing.
Hugs,
Kami
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


21 comments:
You will have melt-downs! You wouldn't be a good mommy if you didn't. It's so hard and so rewarding! I honestly thought I would be mom of the year and that I knew all, I had a HUGE rude awakening! It's good to be a little bit iffy! You will be FINE! I'm super excited and I can't wait to meet them. You worked hard for this and you are going to be GREAT at it!
Wow. 6 days is so close. I agree with Melody. You will have some melt downs. You will make some mistakes but they won't know the difference and it's a learning process. Pretty soon it will become second nature. Hugs to you.
Oh, sweetie, it is amazing, isn't it? I can imagine those questions are completely natural.
I can't wait for Monday. Wish time would speed up a little. :) :)
You will be a fabulous mother. There is no doubt in my mind that you won't be amazing...I know you will be great! Being this is your first time I am sure you will have moments of shear panic and not knowing what to do, but you will learn and grow from there...it's mother nature. Keep your beautiful head up! I can't believe they are almost finally here...where has the time gone?! It seems like just yesterday you were annoucing you were pregnant! I am so happy for you, you have come so far and you really help women like myself know that it CAN and it WILL happen...you are proof that prayers get answered and dreams do come true! I can't wait to see what your beautiful miracles look like!
Love ya!
You will be an excellent mother. You've been taking care of these girls for the last 37 weeks and have done a GREAT job!!! You will do great! We all, as mothers, have our insecurities and our doubts, but in the end we love our children and we teach our children and they turn out great! Congrats on six days or less!!! How exciting!!!
So exciting! I am so happy for you and those precious miracles!
Oh wow, so exciting! Thinking of you as you count down.
Kami gorl you are going to be great, if you did not have some concern it would not be normal!!!!
I can not wait to see their beautiful faces.....
less than a week...wow! i feel like it has flown by. i'm sure you haven't always felt that way. hehe! and don't worry...you'll be a great mommy. God picked you to be their mommy b/c you are the perfect mommy for them. don't you ever forget it.
Much like everyone else has said, it is so normal to be afraid like this. I was so ready to get my two out and the second i walked into the operating room i was scared to death...then leaving the hospital I was scared i wasn't going to be a good mom and I still feel like with two of them i dont' have enough one on one time with each of them but you just do your best. You will be an awesome mom, i have no doubts!!! Good Luck and I'm so excited to see them!
Isn't it amazing!! I have been nervous lately too...I keep praying that i'm going to be a good mom and that my baby and I will instantly bond. CRAZY. Our dreams are finally about to come true Kami!!! Now the race is on...which one of us will be first;) Can't wait to see those pics!! LOVE YA
Girl,don't even worry. Your gonna be great. Nobody knows what they are doing at first. You and your babies have to get to know each other and that takes time. My fourth child just turned 6 weeks old and I still feel like I'm unsure what to do a lot of the time. When they are newborns you just get through it until they are bigger and things get easier!! Good luck!!
OMG, SIX DAYS?!?! I still have it in my mind that you have around 3 weeks. I bet you're cursing me just for thinking that, haha.
Wow, so 6 days. Soooo exciting. You're going to make an absolutely amazing mother. You'll know what to do, promise. It's so different when they're your own babies. Your instincts will kick in, and you'll learn their cries quicker than you can imagine. It's so awesome!
(((HUGS)))
Yes, your worries are totally normal. You might not know what their cries mean immediately, it just takes some time to get used to it. Just like with all the other things. And don't feel guilty if you feel overwhelmed or find yourself in tears - I was that way for a couple of months and I just had ONE infant to care for!!! You'll do just fine; you have a marvelous support system both in person and here on the web. Hugs to you!
You will be a GREAT Mommy! God will give you the strength to get through the tough days and nights (I won't lie, there will be plenty of those).
I'll keep you in my prayers as the day gets closer.
how exciting! I so have a lot of the same fears as you Im sure we will both have our meltdowns but the result is so worth it.
So exciting Kami! I can't wait to see the update.
You'll definitely have meltdowns. Honestly I think it's great that you're going into it with some doubts--it's healthy. When you go into anything with expectations you sometimes end up feeling crappy on the other side for one reason or another :)
Also wanted to note that the ultrasound measurements have a MOE of 14oz so you could have two sixers in there! They measured Eli at 6lb3oz the day they took him out and he was actually 5lb2oz. And he was JUST FINE that small! :) He was only in the nicu for prematurity. So stop worrying about weight :)
I am so, so excited for you!!!! While I totally understand your fears (I feel the exact same way), I know you are going to be a wonderful mother. You already are! Can't wait to meet your precious girls!!
YOu are going to be the best Mom in the world! Those little girls don't know how blessed they are! I will be praying those little ones stay warm and close until Monday! Can't WAIT to meet them. Where are you delivering??
xoxoxo
~Michelle
Girl, I am praying for a safe delivery!! It is so hard to believe the girls are almost here!!
You will be a wonderful mommy, I am sure of it. When your having rough days you can vent to all of us!!
I'm so excited for you!!! I will say, the beginning will be really tough. Until they start sleeping through the night, which will be months, things will be really really tough. I remember times that I didn't know what to do, and I had had a baby before (she's 9 years old now, but still...). You are going to be an awesome mom, but cut yourself lots of slack in the beginning sleep-deprived months. I know you are going to want to get lots of things done when the babies are napping, but from experience I will try to tell you don't pressure yourself.
When I was on leave, the worst days were the ones that I had my organized to-do list and the boys wouldn't nap, needed me a lot and I got nothing accomplished. The best days were the ones when I told the to-do list it would wait, the boys still wouldn't nap, but I cuddled them, enjoyed them to the fullest and snuggled with them and my daughter for hours (she was on summer break too). The only thing I would try to keep up with was laundry and dishes. I rarely cooked. I left that to DH or take out.
So hopefully you'll take this advice or at least try it one day when you are down on yourself for not accomplishing much and you'll see that I'm right.
Lots of luck, lots of hugs. I'm tearing up just thinking about the happiness you are about to experience. I've felt so full of happiness since we've completed our family.
Post a Comment