Samantha and Mia

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 11, 2012

YUCKY SPIDER!!!!!!!

Picture this....  I'm nestled in my bed.  I have been asleep for a good four hours.  It's nice and comfy.  And then out of nowhere, I hear a shreak!  I wake to hear Mia screaming.  She is known to talk in her sleep so I laid there for a minute because I thought for sure she would go back to sleep.  Nope.  MOMMY!!!!!!  I jump out of bed and sprint to their bedroom.  I think I ran into a few things since I did it in the dark!  You see, all four kids were at our house last night so I didn't want to disturb everyone's slumber that I so wish I was included in.  But I wasn't.  And neither was Miss Mia.  I ran into the room to see her sitting in the corner of her crib.  As soon as she sees me she starts screaming, "MOMMY, YUCKY SPIDER!!!!!"  I'm pretty sure baby girl had a bad dream since she can't see spiders in the dark.  I try to explain to a two year old the best that I could that there wasn't a spider in her bed and that it was only a bad dream.  Yeah, she wasn't having it.  I picked her up and rocked her until I thought she was asleep and attempted to lay her back down.  She freaked out!  "NO MOMMY!!!!!  NO!!!!!"  By then I hear a little voice behind me, "Mommy?"  I didn't answer because I knew what that meant.  House party at 3am!!!  No thanks.  Miss Sam went back to sleep or else I think she did because I never heard from her again.  As I'm trying to calm Mia down I hear, "What's going on??"  It's hubby.  I tell him she thinks there is a spider in her bed.  He grabs her and says,. let's go to bed.  Needless to say, I had little feet in my back all night.  We do not co sleep so this never happens.  I must admit though, I liked having my baby girl next to me.

What was funny is that as we laid them down for their nap today, she freaked out again and hubby had to turn the light on and show her there were no spiders.  This is all my fault.  I am deathly afraid of spiders.  She has seen me freak before so I'm sure that's where she gets it from.  Hopefully we don't go through this again tonight.  I'd like a good nights sleep.  I'm sure she would too.

So, any funny "bad dream" stories you'd like to share?

God bless,
Kami

2 comments:

twondra said...

Oh that is sooo cute!!

I have funny dream stories of Mark. :) One time he was convinced the mattress was off the bed so he was busy trying to move the mattress in the middle of the night. After trying to convince him he was dreaming and he getting frustrated with me, I finally just let him keep trying to move the mattress while I slept. :)

And he's taken the lightbulb out of the lamp, unplugged things during the night, etc. I've got lots of funny Mark stories. :)

Brittney said...

Haha, that is too cute!! I'm not a big fan of spiders either;)