Samantha and Mia

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Infant stage again.......

And queue scene....

Putting girls to bed. Mia is freaking out like she has been the last few nights. She refuses to lay down. I leave the room. She yells for me while crying. My heart breaks. I go in and take her out of her crib and proceed to rock her. She passes out within five minutes. I stand up and lay her in her bed. She wakes and holds onto my neck like a monkey. I hold her while
 standing and rocking. She falls asleep within five minutes. I lay her in her bed. She wakes and puts me in another choke hold. I hold her. repeat. Choke hold. So I do the unthinkable. I climb into her crib with her and lay there like a packed sardine. My leg starts cramping. Mia is snoring. I grab both sides of the crib to hoist myself up. I'm stuck. Mia's legs are on mine. What do I do? I start to panic. I prop myself up slowly. Mia moves. I stop breathing. Mia snores. I sit up. Mia yells for me. I exhale and tell her I'm there. She tells me to lay down. I tell her I'm to big for her bed. She's silent. I try to slowly stand up. My legs are numb now. Mia freaks. I jump out of the crib and Mia is now standing up. I tell her I'll lay down with her while putting my head against hers. She's too smart and knows better. Dang. I then fold my whole body over and lay my head on her pillow while my feet are in the air/touching the ground. (Hey, I'm short) Mia starts snoring. I slowly lift myself up. Stop. Listen. Nothing. Silence. I walk out of the room about 45 minutes later. Silence. Nothing. I gave in. Mia won this time. Sleeping Mia=exhausted mommy from all this Tom foolery.

End scene.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Oh! I LOL'd at this post:) Mama have I been there too!! Sleep (or lack thereof!) is one of the toughest parts of motherhood I'd say. These adorable, frustrating little people have us wrapped around their little fingers..even at 2 a.m. I hope she won't have any repeat nights soon..praying for peaceful sleep for all of you! ((Hugs))

thetwinpeaksmama said...

Oh I am a mommy to twin 1 year old boys. I love you blog so much. I am trying so hard to find other mommy to twins that blog. I am so happy I am not the only one that is having this problem and we have such a hard time not getting them to sleep! I am following you now feel free to follow me :)