The girls are doing well. They are changing every day. They are now eating between three and three and a half ounces. It happened overnight. To funny. I bought them the swaddle me's and have been using those the last few nights with a noise machine and it seems to work a bit better than what the hospital sent us home with. They are still waking every two and a half hours. I am patiently waiting for even a three to four hour stretch. Anything to be able to sleep a little bit longer. Hopefully that will begin soon.
Samantha still has a misshapen head so I have to take her to a pediatric neurologist to see what they would like to do. Something tells me she will be getting a helmet. Whatever they have to do to make her better. She also has a funny personality already along with hilarious facial expressions.
Mia is my little pouter. She looks like she is sad all the time. It is too funny. She sleeps pretty good through the night. She gets up every two and a half hours but she will go right back to sleep.
Both babies are good babies. They only cry when they need something. They are too sweet for words. I just can't wait until I can pull myself together to fully enjoy them.
Thank you all for your support and kind words. I really appreciate it. Also, I haven't been able to check my emails that much so if you email me, I may not get back to you for a few days. I am so sorry.


26 comments:
Glad to see the update! I've been worried about you. Hope you continue to feel better. Love you!
too cute for words!
hang in there! isnt it amazing what a little sleep will do for ya! and it also amazing me on how little sleep we (new moms) can continue to function on!
happy valentines day
You had me worried when I didn't hear back from you :)
So glad you are doing your best to enjoy what you can w/as little sleep as possible!
If Sam ends up needing a helmet, so be it...it's really not too bad. It's probably a little early to tell much as far as that goes. My pediatrician didn't put Wil in his until he was 5 months...so there is hope yet :) Also, we did a kinesthiologist/Chiropractor and physical therapy, so that might be an avenue worth pursuing first. Helmets aren't cheap :)
Hang in there. Once they are sleeping longer stretcher you'll feel like a million bucks! I promise!
They are beautiful! Praying for you sweet friend!
They are so precious, and you look fabulous!!
I just wanted to let you know that I babysat a girl that had a misshaped head. She wore a helmet for a few months and it was totally corrected! She did really good with it. Her mom decorated it with the cutest little girly things. I think they were very happy with the results. Good luck!
They are beutiful- hop-e you get some sleep soon. Have you thought about hiring someone just for nights? It might help.
I had Post Partum after my twins- things will get better. Just keep plugging away and don't be afraid to ask for some help.
they are absolutely beautiful and hope you are able to get a little more sleep soon:)
Oh Kami, they are stunning! Absolutely beautiful! I am sorry it has been tough, but take it from a fellow mommy, it WILL get easier, I promise. For the first two months, Franky never slept more than 45 minutes at a time during the night. I was like a crabby zombie. I felt helpless. But then he started sleeping 2 hours and then 4 hours and I swear I felt like a different person. It's amazing what a little bit of sleep will do for you. Hang in there!
Hang in there Kami!
Sleep deprivation is the worst! I used to be really happy as long as I got 5 straight hours of sleep.
Just think...when they are teenagers, you can't get them up from sleeping. :)
Love you guys! Patty
Good to see you post. But we don't EXPECT that you'll be on here as much as before. You have different priorities now :-) Hopefully the meds will start to work and you'll start getting more sleep, so you can feel more like yourself again. And if you have any offers to watch the girls for a few hours, take them! Don't be afraid to ask family for help - in your own home - just for a couple of hours so you can get some uninterrupted rest. Most people will understand and be eager to help.
the girls are adorable. you're doing great!! :)
xoxo
the girls are adorable. you're doing great!! :)
xoxo
Hey girl! They both look absolutely beautiful to me and I'm missing them (and you of course)....I'll call you later this week and hopefully I can swing by to help a bit on Saturday. Hang in there, it will get better. Hugs to you gal!
(Psssttt...Kami? I just started my own blog on "Blogger." Will you please join, so I don't look like a big loser? Thanks! :) Patty)
They are so beautiful!!!! You are doing great and you're right, it will get better! You're a great mommy to those precious ladies!
Hope everything is still sailing. Hang in there sweetie, everyday gets better.
I'm not trying to be rude at all, but I can't understand how someone who suffered from infertility and now has TWO healthy babies could be depressed???? I just don't get it. I can't wait for the sleepless nights, a baby crying, heck, even stretch marks!! I too am on the infertility path and can't imagine being depressed after having a baby.
I've replied to Carrie's comment on my blog. Please read it everyone, especially you Kami! We all love you sweetie!!
Your girls are so cute, Kami! I love how precious they are when they are so tiny and all wrapped up.
I'm sorry that you are struggling with postpartum depression. I know that the rate of getting it is even higher after having multiples than with singleton. I also totally understand the sleep deprivation thing. I try to tell my friends who are having their first that no matter how much you an imagine it, you can never and I mean never, understand the depth of sleep deprivation until you've had a baby. All those all-nighters during the college days can never compare. :)
Hang in there. Do what you need to do for you and your babies and your family. Let people know how they can help you and I'm sure they would be totally willing to support you. It is humbling to ask for help, but people are so willing to when you do.
@Carrie - For lack of better words and short of cussing you out...GROW UP!
Get on Google and type in "PPD."
Also, buy yourself a copy of Brooke Shields book, "Down Came the Rain."
In the future, before you speak, check yourself.
Kami, I took anti-depressants after I stopped nursing and they really do help a lot. The girls are gorgeous! I hope you are feeling better! Love you!
stopping over to see how you are doing- know I am thinking about you and sending posative vibes your way!
Kami, the girls are beautiful!!! I also wanted to comment on the depression thing. Be KIND to yourself. It's normal to go through depression even if it's something that you wanted for so long. For one your body is adjusting to a new schedule and hormones. Also, a little secret from me..... when I adopted my first two children (it was like getting twins) I went through depression too. I called it PAD...Post Adoption Depression. I would close myself up in the bathroom and cry and my husband didn't know until two years later. I was afraid to show that I was scared and didn't know what the hell I was doing. I was also very disappointed in myself because I had what I wanted, what was wrong with me?? Looking back, it's normal and it happens. So be kind to yourself and know that we all have your back. ((HUGS))-Kriss
Friend of Tammy's here. To Carrie who clearly does not know what she is talking about - PPD is a very real and serious illness. I know because I suffered from it to. Believe me, Kami does not want to feel this way. In fact, in her heart she is the happiest person alive. And through her tears she will tell you this. But the chemicals in her brain are out of whack right now and they make her feel terrible. I highly advise that you educate yourself of PPD. It is people like you that make women live in shame of this disease, make women fear getting help, and then cause tragedy that could be avoided. PPD left untreated can lead to post-partum psychosis and worse. Mothers and their babies are at great risk for serious injury or death. PPD can not, and should not be a stigma. To Kami, I have been a lurker but now I am coming out to say I am proud of you for recognizing the symtoms and seeking help. You ARE a good mother, a perfect mother. You are taking care of yourself which is what you need to do inorder to take the best care of your babies!! God bless you!!
Wow! Obviously, most of you didn't fully read "Carrie's" comment. She said, she wasn't "trying to be rude", but that she "doesn't understand" how someone can become depressed after suffering from infertility. Key words being "doesn't understand." Instead of attacking her, hear those words. Many people do not understand the concept of infertility or depression. I was one of those people until it happened to me. I think it's great that you all offer support to Kami, but oh my goodness, show a little decency to others (ahem...Peppermint Patty, Twondra, and Twomoms....)who don't fully understand.
Kami, I'm thinking about you!
@Ashley - Carrie's post said she too is on the infertility path.
Usually when someone says, "I beg your pardon" or "I don't mean to be rude, but..." it means, "I'm going to say what I want with no regard for your feelings."
Also, if Carrie didn't "understand" what depression was/is after having a baby, we are living in the 21st Century where information is EVERYWHERE...look it up!
Post a Comment