Hey everyone!
I'm happy to say, I'm starting to feel so much better. Thank you Lord!!! I think the meds are starting to finally kick in. I am still extremely exhausted but I am handling it a whole heck of a lot better than I was the first few weeks. Today, my babies are 4 weeks old. I can't believe that! It seems like I ad them yesterday. Time flies by when there is lack of sleep. LOL
The girls are great babies. They get up three times total in the night before we start our day. Usually around 1:30 a.m., 4:00 a.m. and 6:30 a.m. Hubby takes the second shift so I can get a few hours of sleep. I get about two hours here and there. I can't wait for them to start sleeping longer shifts. The pediatrician said it should start around six weeks. I sure hope so because I go back to work when they are 7 weeks. Hubby and I are going to be zombies if the girls are still getting up every few hours. Here's to longer shifts!!!
I am back to my pre pregnancy weight. I feel better than I ever have! And I am back in my size 6's!!! Whoo hoo!!! Of course, I can't button them because of my incision. I will one day. Thank goodness for the bella band.
Speaking of my incision, mine opened last week and you would of thought I was shot in the abdomen. I was freaking out!!! Thankfully it is healing and everything will be just fine. But that was scary! I looked like Carrie from the movie "Carrie." It was freaky!! You should of seen hubby's face. Priceless!!! LOL
Thank you all for your continued support. It was rough knowing all that I have been through to conceive my beautiful babies and then to suffer from PPD on top of it. Double whammy! I never thought it would happen to me but it did. And to those who don't know what it is, please look it up before passing judgement on someone who suffers from it. I never asked to feel the way I did after giving birth to my miracles. Believe me, I wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy. It is a horrible feeling. Because I got the help I needed so quickly, I am able to enjoy my precious daughters and feel somewhat normal! Thank you Lord!
There is no shame in me sharing with all of you that I suffered from depression. Like I said before, I am an open book. It may help someone in the future.
Hugs to all of you and thank you again for your support.
Love always,
Kami
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


20 comments:
glad to see that you are functioning well enough on no sleep to give us an update. it gets better with each month. promise :)
also glad you're feeling more like yourself. that ppd is killer.
xoxo
So glad you are feeling better, I've been thinking of you! ((HUGS))
Hi! I have been following you for awhile, but never commented.
Thanks for your bravery on speaking about PPD. No one talks about it, but it is real. No shame in taking medication to help (I do as well). Congrats on losing the weight so fast as well.
And your girls are gorgeous!! Loving the pictures!
So glad you are feeling better Kami!!! ((HUGS))
It's great to see you here. I think about you every day, wondering how you and the girls are doing. If you're exhausted, then you're normal! I can't believe you're back to pre-pg weight already. Amazing! Hope your incision heals up quickly and the girls start sleeping more. Hugs to you and your family!
Yay! Glad you are feeling better and able to enjoy your babies, even without a lot of sleep. :)
So happy to see you are feeling better!
Love you sweet friend!
So glad things are getting better for you! But since life isn't about you anymore...how about some more pics lol! I"m hopefully going to ship you a box next week. Of course I'm a slacker and make no promises. But soon.
P.S.
I hate your guts! Well not really, but I hate that you don't have a gut! I would love to be back to pre-pregnancy weight, pre-pregnancy size, or see a size 6!
Glad your feeling better and to give you hope at about 6weeks mine starting sleeping 5hrs straight at night!!! Oh and more pictures of those beauties please!!!
So glad you're feeling better! :) Congrats on getting back in your skinny pants! You're super mama for sure now!
Big hugs to you! I was SO glad to see you last weekend and you looked so much healthier and happier to me...yay for good drugs to help you get through this journey. Take care and I'll see ya again soon! Love ya girl and those precious sweeties!
So grat to hear from you! Glad things are better! Parenting has good days and bad but ALL are worth it! Enjoy every second! :)
Good for you getting back to your pre-pregnancy weight! It is a WONDERFUL feeling. Try to nap when the little ladies nap, or put them in their swings and RELAX :) You're doing great!
I sure hope no one was judging you for sharing your PPD experience on here. There is NO shame in getting help for that.
Keep up the good work Kami!
Gretchen
So glad you are feeling better and I promise, the sleep WILL get better.
glad you are feeling better!
fingers crossed for sleeping longer shift!
So glad you're feeling better sweetie and able to enjoy your precious girls more. Love you!!
So glad to hear from you, and thrilled that things are looking up!
Wow 4 weeks already!
Hang in there girl - it will get a little easier every few weeks or couple of months. So sorry to hear you have to go back to work so soon though.
I am so glad to hear from you, and to hear that you are doing better!! You were in my thoughts and prayers many times!
What beautiful babies. Glad to hear you're feeling better and yes meds can do wonders. I've had anxiety since age 9 and just figured it out a few years ago, at age 42. Taking meds changed my life!! And I'm like you, I don't mind telling anyone because if it can help even one person...
Post a Comment