Samantha and Mia

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, May 14, 2012

A glimpse into my life

I read a few posts of how people are sharing a glimpse of their life and what they do on a day to day basis.  I thought, "how fun!"  Why not do that too!  As all of you know (well, maybe most of you), I have twins girls who are almost two and a half years old.  I also work three days a week so life for me is a bit, how do I say this?  Nuts!  I'm stressed more than I am happy these days.  Hey, I'm being honest!  That's what this blog is all about right?  Life does get easier the older the girls get.  And please don't get me wrong, I LOVE MY LIFE!  I adore my daughters and wouldn't change anything!  I'm just stressed.  STRESSED!  Let me show you what my days look like.  Maybe you will understand where I'm coming from......

Work Days
  • Wake at 6:15 a.m.
  • Get ready for work
  • Arrive to work at 7:30 a.m.
  • Work from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
  • Leave work and drive the 45 minutes home
  • Arrive home around 4:15 p.m.
  • Attempt to clean the mess the girls made through out the day. (It's a HUGE mess)
  • Sit with the girls for about an hour to get snuggle time/down time for mommy
  • Around 6:00 p.m. I start to make dinner.  Right around this time the girls get really clingy and want me to hold them while I have my hands full with cooking.  And it isn't just one, it's both girls!  I usually pull a chair up for them to help and that may last for a few minutes but then they are back to fighting/whining/crying. 
  • Around 6:15/6:30 p.m. the old man gets home.  He usually goes upstairs, changes out of his suit, goes to the bathroom and then heads down the stairs leisurely, and I mean slow.  Usually I have dinner done around this time or if I am so exhausted, we'll order out but it is me who usually goes and gets the food. 
  • We will then eat and the old man will take the girls downstairs while I try to clean up after dinner.  Usually at this time I have Mia screaming for me because she doesn't like me to be out of her sight.  lol  So the dishes usually will sit in the dishwasher until the next day.
  • Between 7:30 p.m/8:30 p.m. we watch some Caillou, Yo Gabba Gabba or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse to get the girls to settle down before bed. 
  • Around 8:30 p.m. we take the girls upstairs to get them in their jammies.  I am the one that gets them in their pajamas and I am also the one that changes their diapers.  The old mans job is to get their water and then he gets to snuggle them for a few minutes while rocking them in the rocking chair.  (This whole time I am fuming because it should be the other way around or at least every other night but it isn't)  Just sayin.....
  • The girls will lay in their crib for about a half an hour and talk, then silence.  During this time I am getting ready for bed.  I usually get to crawl into bed around 9:30 p.m. Asleep between 10:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.  It all depends on when my mind stops racing
Days Off

  • Clean house
  • change diapers
  • Nap time!
  • Clean
  • Feed
  • Feed
  • Feed
  • Old man gets home
  • Feed
  • Maybe clean
  • Time for bed!
  • Get into bed around 9 p.m..... etc....
Yeah, life is crazy for sure.  But I love it!  Now you can see what it's like to live in the shoes of Mrs. Murphy.  :)

Have a blessed day!

Kami

1 comment:

Penny1215 said...

Sounds pretty crazy. I understand completely. Two of my four are in school so that helps a little, but during the day I have my 2 1/2 yr old and my 4 yr old, but I also babysit an almost 2 yr old most days of the week and some weekends and a couple of days a week I also have a 4 yr old I watch. It is NUTS!! I don't go to work outside of the home any though and that definitely helps. I used to work away from home while my husband sat with the kids during the day, but he basically watched them and fed them and left the mess from their day to me, so I truly do feel your pain. Thank goodness I don't have to deal with that anymore. You're a good woman to do so much and don't ever let anyone tell you differently. I sure don't!! :)