Samantha and Mia

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, May 7, 2010

Swaddle update

So, the last two nights have been.......ummmmm.... AMAZING!!!!!

I started with one arm out and let me tell you. My girls are HAPPIER! What?

Samantha sleeps through the night now. Can you believe that?? She was the one that would get up and fuss her head off. This whole time I thought it was because she wanted her pacifier. I believe she was trying to tell me to get her out of the Woombie.


Mia woke at 2 in the morning the first night. I let her cry (fuss) for five minutes after I checked on her and she was out again. She woke again at 4 and that's when I fed them. She may need to get used to the weaning a little bit. Not much though because last night, they both slept a ten hour stretch. Holy Cow!!! Momma got some sleep. Is there such a thing as getting too much sleep?? I am exhausted this morning. You think I would be ready to go!! I am, just to my bed... LOL


So, the weaning is going well. They are so cute with their one little arm sticking out. The first night they were flinging it all over the place. It was cracking me up. If they did that last night, I didn't hear it. I am so blessed to have great sleepers. Thank you God!


As for thanking God, I noticed I haven't done that on my blog in a while. That makes me sad. I need to praise Him and thank Him every single day!! He gave me the gift of life. He chose me to be Sam and Mia's mommy and what a blessing that is. I get so caught up in my life that I don't take a moment to sit down and talk to Him. I know He knows how I feel but I like to have that connection.


Lord, thank You for the many blessings You have blessed me with. The gift of life is one and I am truly in debt to You for the rest of my life. Lord, please bless the mommies in waiting that read my blog today or in the next few days. They deserve this gift just as much as me. Some, even more! Lord, please wrap Your arms around them and hold them during this difficult journey. Give them peace and strength to get through the tough moments and let them know that You are there every step of the way. Be it good or bad. Lord, show them Your love and kindness as they take each shot, each pill, each night. They need You so much right now. They need to know that they are loved and there is a plan for them. All of them. Lord, please hear my prayers today and always. In Jesus name, Amen.


Praise be to God ladies!!! He works true miracles. Keep the faith and know you all are loved so much during this journey. I pray for every single one of you every day. You all are in my thoughts every single day.


Mother's Day is approaching this weekend and I want to end this post by saying Happy Mother's Day to every single one of you. To the mommies, mommies to be and mommies in waiting.


Love,

Kami

7 comments:

Nicole said...

yay!!! and I decided since u were going to try, I was going to as well. but for me, its that she needs to sleep flat in her cosleeper or crib instead of the fisher price chair...so last night, I noticed ( like i have the last couple of nights) that she seemed smooshed and crowded...so i put her in the cosleeper...and held my breath...and guess what?? she slept!!! all night!!! well, not all night, but she slept there and didnt need to go back to her chair!!! happy day!!! I sensed something, acted on it and I was right!! woohoo!!!

Stacie said...

Awesome! Sounds like the unswaddling a little each night is going well.

I hope you have a wonderful first Mother's Day, Kami!

Leah said...

You are so blessed that they are sleeping! I haven't slept more than 4 hours at a time in almost 9 months! I'm jealous!!!

Dale Budd said...

Just wanted to take a few seconds and wish you a very Happy First Mothers Day. You traveled a long journey to get to this day, but you were twice blessed! Enjoy your day with your precious, beautiful girls! Thank you for sharing your happiness with all of us.

twondra said...

Glad you're able to sleep! Yay!

Thanks for your sweet words sweetie. (((HUGS)))

Brittney said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!

COUNTRY MOM said...

Kami, Happy Mothers Day. Hope your day was perfect. Blessings, Audrey