Samantha and Mia

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Dum...dee...dumm...

Not much to report.

I am having some cramping since yesterday. It is making me really scared. I am crossing my fingers that it is just my uterus stretching.

I am switching to yet another OB. My new appointment is August 5th. I will have the ultrasound and blood work to check for down syndrome and neural tube defects. I am really nervous about that for some reason. Yet, I will love my babies no matter what!!!

The reason I am switching OB's is because I want another opinion about the bed rest at 22 weeks. I don't have a lot of time off work if I did have to go on bed rest. Of course, if I go on bed rest, it means something is wrong and I HAVE to. Hubby and I are a little worried though because we can not live on his pay alone. It's a bit stressful right now.

Also, I waited for three hours at the old OB. I don't have enough vacation/sick time to wait in a doctors office. I understand I might do that at the new place but I'm sure it won't be that bad.

The new OB also does all the major testing in office so I don't have to drive the extra 1/2 an hour to get to the hospital for testing. BUT the new OB is pretty much next door to the hospital so if anything goes wrong, I can go straight there.

I have a good feeling about the new OB. It is a woman too so that makes me feel better.

The sickness is still lingering. I'm hoping it goes away soon!

Second trimester is 4 days away!!! Grow babies GROW!!!

Hugs,
Kami

14 comments:

Bluebird said...

Here's hoping you like your new OB! I adore mine, but her staff sucks and there's always a wait - it's such a hard decision!

Always thinking of you and your little ones. And thanks for stopping by and offering your kind words the other day :)

Sunny said...

I must have missed it... did your previous OB want you to go on bedrest at 22 weeks, even if there is no medical reason?? I don't blame you for being concerned about that. I hope it goes better with this doc.

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

Good luck!! Finding a great doctor that you like with a great staff that supports you is like finding the Holy Grail :) Hope this is it! Praying for you and your babies everyday. And yes, sometime soon I'll share some of my down-home cajun recipes. No one makes them like momma though :)

Cady said...

i don't understand why your ob would tell you that you'll be going on bed rest at 22 weeks. to me it seems like that would be a conversation after some sort of problem arises. i hope you like your new ob. i have had a lot of cramping with my pregnancy too, and was told it was my uterus growing. i'm still having a little cramping every now and then at 22 weeks.

Stacie said...

I can't believe how much your belly has grown. It's beautiful!

Pregnancy causes some crazy physical feelings. I hope you like your new OB.

myfriar said...

What's the deal with bedrest at 22 weeks?? That seems odd that a doctor would say that when there's no medical reason. I'm glad you're switching! I, too, switched doctors and I'm so glad I did--I was already 27 weeks when I switched, but my new doctor allowed me to labor and have a vaginal birth, something my old doctor certainly would not have allowed at 33 weeks.

Looks like your belly is growing--so cute!!!

Malena said...

Bed rest at 22? Why?
Your body will tell you if you need to slow down, but 22 sounds really early unless god forbid you've started pre-term labor...
Crossing my fingers that all the tests and new docs will turn out great!

Mandy said...

22 weeks sounds crazy. My doc said she would check at 24/28 weeks to see if I need bed rest with our twins. She was more worried about my crazy long work weeks and not being allowed to eat at work. I hope the new doc works out better!

Tiffany said...

Ya know if you did go on bedrest it should be covered under state disability pay, at least it is here. I get the same pay each week as I would on maternity leave. Of course not full pay, but a big help.

Tracey said...

Kams,

I have a good feeling about you switching docs. I wasn't quite understanding the 22-week thing especially if there are no issues at that time that would warrant you to do so.

About the other stuff, I know it's so easy for us to tell you don't worry b/c you will no matter what, but just remember that the Bible says we do not need to worry about anything at all. We don't even need to worry about tomorrow b/c God loves us, and He will take care of every concern we have.

Believe that and keep His promise close to you and your sweet and precious babies.

Love you!

Ashley said...

I'm having slight cramping as well...it feels like AF kind of. I think it's just uterus growing..crossing fingers and praying;) I hope you like your new OB!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for visiting my blog and for the birthday wishes, I look forward to reading your blog each day and watch your babies grow. Take care of yourself and congrats.

PunkRockChic said...

Your baby bump is SO cute! I hear ya on switching OBs and not wanting to wait THREE hours. That's ridiculous. I will make sure to say an extra prayer for the complete health of your babies and NO bed rest at 22 weeks!

P.S. I haven't been to Target yet to check out handbags, but if I find anything good (similar to a diaper bag), I'll definitely let you know =)

Anonymous said...

i'm with everyone else...i don't get the bed rest at 22 wks. i'm 27 and still not on bedrest....but it might be coming soon. it should be based on your symptoms, cervix, ultrasounds, etc.

hmmm....

and you are looking super cute btw :)